What is podcast management?
What does podcast management include?
Do I need a podcast management company?
How much does it cost?
Why invest in podcast management services
How to hire a podcast management company/agency?
Podcast management is the process of producing and managing a podcast so that it runs smoothly, and helps you reach your goals.
Podcasting can be a great way to reach your ideal buyers and create content for them.
But it can also be time-consuming.
That’s where podcast management services come in.
Podcast management includes planning, recording, editing, publishing, promoting, and more, which helps you save time and monetize quickly.
In this blog, you’ll learn everything you need to know about podcast management, including what it is, what it includes, benefits, costs, why invest, and more.
So let’s dive in!
What is podcast management?
Podcast management is the process of handling all aspects of a podcast, from pre-management to post-management.
This includes such things as booking guests, researching topics, editing audio, promoting, and more.
Podcast management is also known as Podcast management.
Podcasting has become a popular way to consume content, and as such, there is a growing demand for quality podcast content.
This is where podcast management services come in.
A good podcast management company will help take your show to the next level, ensuring that each episode is well-produced and engaging.
While you can certainly handle all aspects of podcast management yourself, it’s often helpful to delegate some or all of the tasks to a professional.
This can free up your time to focus on the creative aspects of your show or grow your business, ensuring that each episode is of the highest quality.
What does podcast management include?
It includes a number of different tasks. Some common ones are:
A podcast audit is an analysis of your podcast episode performance, which is then used to develop an action plan to improve performance in the future.
It involves looking at subscriber growth, download numbers, listening platforms, and other metrics.
Planning and Strategy
Podcast planning is figuring out your purpose (why you’re starting the show), who your target audience is (potential buyers), and what it will be about (that you can cover).
This forms the basis of your podcast strategy, or the overall plan for how the podcast will be produced, marketed, and monetized.
Research episode ideas
Researching and coming up with episode topics and potential guests list.
It can involve creating a content plan for up to 8 episodes in advance and preparing for it.
This can help ensure that your podcast remains interesting and informative for your listeners.
Podcast SEO is the process of optimizing your podcast for discovery and searchability on podcast apps and search engines like Google.
This can be done by optimizing the podcast name, episode titles, and website content. It helps listeners find your show easily.
Writing scripts & questions
A podcast script is a written version of a podcast that can include the show’s intro, outro, and any other spoken words in the episode.
Writing questions based on research and structuring the questions based on the story can help you make the episodes engaging, and interesting, and ensure that you don’t miss any important points.
Remote recording assistance
Recording a podcast interview virtually allows you and your guest to record from anywhere in the world in high quality.
It ensures that your microphone and software are set up for the best possible sound quality.
The process of finding potential guests, reaching out to them, conducting pre-interviews to ensure they’re a good fit, and booking them for each episode.
Having the right guest is essential for a show’s growth.
Editing a podcast episode in order to improve its sound and video quality, remove any unwanted noise, and make it more engaging for listeners.
This can be very time-consuming yet is a vital part.
Creation of Promo and Repurpose content:
Podcast show notes are details about an episode posted on your website. It can include links/resources mentioned, episode player, topics covered, transcripts, timestamps, images, videos, and more.
Episode title and description
Podcast episode descriptions are short versions of your show notes. It includes the summary of the episode, bullet points, and the link to the show notes page.
Podcast quote cards are excerpts pulled from the episode and turned into images. It typically includes the quote, podcast name, episode title, guest’s photo & name, and podcast logo, but this varies from show to show.
Podcast short videos are catchy clips pulled from the episode and turned into engaging bite-sized videos. If you record videos, this is a great way to promote your podcast on TikTok, IG Reels, LinkedIn, and Youtube Shorts.
A podcast audiogram is a short video made using a catchy audio clip from your episode, and combining that with an image, waveform, captions/transcripts. If you record only audio, this is a great way to promote and draw listeners to your show.
A podcast transcript is a written version of a podcast episode that is posted on your website. They make your show easily discoverable and also benefit listeners who prefer to read than listen. Ensure your transcripts are clean/non-verbatim to improve your website’s SEO.
Podcast blog posts are dedicated posts written using the info shared on your episodes. You can pull a lot of golden nuggets, rich information, and keywords from your episode transcripts to write and repurpose them into SEO-rich blog posts. This can significantly boost your website’s ranking.
Podcast distribution is the process of posting the episode to your podcast host, website, and YouTube.
It ensures you get maximum visibility and your audience can find your show everywhere like podcast apps (Apple, Spotify, etc), YouTube, and on Google search.
You can track all the channels and use the data to improve your show.
Podcast promotion is a key element in the growth of your show.
Many people struggle to promote their show effectively, but there are many ways to do it including social media, word-of-mouth, newsletters, email marketing, podcast swaps, paid media, and more.
Podcast tracking involves measuring and analyzing various data, such as how many people are listening, how much they’re listening, where they are from, their age group, what app and device they’re using, and so on.
This data can be used to assess and improve your show.
Podcast refining is a process of identifying and fixing problems in your content, sound, guests, topics, stories, artwork, name, and more.
Analytics and listener feedback can help you spot such problems.
It’s an ongoing process that will help you create a successful show.
To make the most of your podcast, ensure it’s focused on:
- Reaching your ideal buyers
- Creating great content for them
- Repurposing 10x
Do I need a podcast management company?
If you want to produce a high-quality podcast for your business or passion, but don’t have the time or expertise, you can consider hiring a podcast manager or company.
They will handle multiple aspects of your podcast from strategy to management to distribution and marketing, saving you time.
They can also help you in reaching your ideal clients, develop relationships with them, and create content for them, all of which will drive clients/leads and help your business grow.
In addition, you will be building your credibility, network (with net worth), and know-like-trust factors.
If podcasting is more than just a hobby, you can consider hiring a podcast manager or company.
How much does it cost?
It can cost indie podcasters anywhere from $600 to $2,500 per month, depending on the services required and the company’s experience.
However, for B2B Brands, it generally costs $4000 and up per month.
As a general rule of thumb, the more services you need, the higher the price.
Some agencies charge a monthly fee, while others charge per episode.
At PodQuake, we offer pre-made and custom packages to best suit your needs.
Why invest in podcast management services
There are many benefits of investing in podcast management services. Some of these benefits include:
Podcast management services can save you a lot of time. By handling all the technical aspects, such as recording, editing, and uploading your episodes.
This means that you can focus on creating content for your podcast, rather than worrying about the technical side of things.
Omni-Channel Content Marketing
This can help you not only create podcasts for Apple and Spotify, but also repurpose your podcast episodes into blog posts, YouTube videos, social media clips, and more.
This way, you can ensure your content is reaching the widest possible audience and generating leads for your business.
This can help you build relationships with your ideal buyers and industry professionals by bringing them on as guests on your podcast.
This could lead to future businesses or ideas to scale your business.
A podcast agency will create a custom strategy for your podcast goals.
This can help you promote your podcast effectively and reach your target audience.
Most podcasters tend to promote via social media, and FB/IG paid ads, but these methods don’t really work.
Instead, creating short videos for TikTok/Reels and advertising on similar podcasts is a more effective way to promote your podcast.
This can help you stay ahead of your competitors by interviewing your guests (ideal buyers) and learning about their specific struggles, goals, and plans.
This info can help you tailor your product or service to better meet their needs, making your business their go-to choice.
You’ll also have a competitive advantage over businesses that don’t use podcasts effectively, or at all.
Helps Focus & Reduce Burnout
This allows you to focus on other important aspects of your business and reduce the burnout of producing a high-quality podcast on a regular basis.
If you produce the podcast yourself, plus run your business, it can get overwhelming soon.
Having a team of professionals who takes care of most tasks makes your life easier.
Maintain Quality & Consistency
This can help you produce high-quality podcasts consistently, which reflects well on your brand.
Maintaining high quality is critical to attracting and retaining listeners, and also ensures your podcast is released on a regular basis.
This can be a huge benefit if you don’t have the time or motivation to produce and manage your podcast yourself.
Consulting & Support
This can give you expert advice on how to get started, what equipment to use, how to market your podcast and more.
It can also help you avoid common mistakes, trial & error, and help you make the most of your podcast.
If you have any questions, they can answer them via email or Zoom.
This can be invaluable in ensuring that your podcast is successful.
If you want more people to hear about your products or services, podcast management services are one of the best ways to get them out there!
The numerous advantages of podcasting make it worth considering for your marketing plan.
How to hire a podcast management company/agency?
There are a number of podcast management agencies out there, so it’s important to do your research and find one that’s a good fit for your podcast.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a podcast company:
- What services do they offer?
- What is their experience?
- What is their track record?
- How much do they charge?
- What is their process for working with clients?
- Do they have any case studies or testimonials from past clients?
Once you’ve found a podcast company that you think is a good fit, the next step is to set up a meeting or call to discuss your podcasting needs and what you’re hoping to achieve with it.
This is a good time to ask any questions you have and to get a feel for their process and how they would work with you.
Podcasting can be a great way to reach a wider audience and grow your business.
With the right podcast management company, you can ensure your podcast is well-produced and reaches the right people.
If you’re looking to get started with podcasting, contact us today to get more information about our podcast management services.
Podcast Management: Streamlining Your Podcasting Journey
Are you a passionate podcaster looking to elevate your show to the next level? Or perhaps you're a business seeking to harness the power of podcasting to engage with your audience? In either case, enlisting the expertise of a professional podcast management agency can make all the difference. From podcast management and editing to launch and ongoing management, these agencies provide a comprehensive suite of services to ensure your podcasting journey is a resounding success.
What is a Podcast Management Agency?
A podcast management agency is a specialized service provider that offers a range of solutions for podcasters and businesses alike. Whether you're a solo podcaster, a business-to-business (B2B) entity, or anything in between, a podcast management agency can tailor their offerings to suit your unique needs.
Services Offered by Podcast Management Agencies
Podcast management Services
The backbone of any great podcast is its management quality. A podcast management agency excels in delivering professional-grade audio recordings. Their team of experienced professionals uses state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to capture high-quality audio, ensuring your podcast sounds polished and engaging.
Podcast Editing Services
Podcast editing is a crucial step that can take your raw recordings and transform them into a seamless and captivating final product. A podcast editing agency employs skilled editors who carefully enhance the audio by removing mistakes, balancing sound levels, adding music and sound effects, and creating a cohesive listening experience.
Podcast Launch Services
Launching a podcast successfully requires careful planning and execution. A podcast launch agency guides you through the process, assisting with tasks such as podcast artwork design, episode descriptions, metadata optimization, and submission to various podcast directories. With their expertise, your podcast will be set up for maximum discoverability and reach.
Podcast Management and Ongoing Support
Once your podcast is live, a podcast management agency takes care of the day-to-day operations, allowing you to focus on creating compelling content. They handle tasks such as scheduling episodes, managing podcast hosting platforms, monitoring analytics, and providing ongoing technical support.
Podcast Consulting and Coaching
If you're new to podcasting or seeking to improve your existing show, podcast consulting services can be invaluable. These agencies offer expert guidance on podcast strategy, content development, audience engagement, monetization opportunities, and more. With their insights, you can refine your podcasting approach and achieve your goals more effectively.
Finding the Right Podcast Management Agency
When choosing a podcast management agency, it's important to consider factors such as their experience, reputation, client testimonials, and the scope of their services. Here are a few popular podcast management agencies around the world:
- Podcast Agency UK: A leading agency in the United Kingdom, offering full-service podcast management solutions tailored to individual needs.
- Podcast Agency USA: A prominent agency in the United States, specializing in podcast management, editing, and management for a wide range of clients.
- Podcast Agency Australia: An established agency in Australia, providing comprehensive podcast services and support to help podcasts thrive.
- Podcast Agency India: A rising agency in India, offering podcast management and editing services, as well as consultation for businesses and individuals.
The Benefits of Outsourcing Podcast Management
Outsourcing podcast management to a specialized agency has several advantages. Firstly, it allows you to focus on what you do best – creating exceptional content – while leaving the technical aspects to the professionals. Secondly, it ensures a consistent level of quality and attention to detail throughout your podcasting journey. Lastly, it provides access to a wealth of industry expertise and best practices, helping you maximize the potential of your podcast.
In the ever-expanding world of podcasting, standing out from the crowd requires more than just a great idea and a microphone. Partnering with a podcast management agency can be the key to unlocking your podcast's full potential. With their comprehensive range of services, expertise, and ongoing support, these agencies streamline the podcasting process, empowering you to focus on creating remarkable content and growing your audience. So, whether you're an aspiring podcaster or a business looking to harness the power of audio, consider the benefits of podcast management agencies and take your podcasting journey to new heights.
podcast, management, services, show, business, episode, management, podcasts, time, team, episodes, service, customers, content, media, plan, hosting, host, software, clients, manager, audio, event, market, package, editing, shows, podcasting, companies, platform, features, agency, prices, way, quality, files, podcasters, people, work, month podcast management services, notable customers, show notes, podcast management service, podcast management, podcast host, podcast manager, management services, social media, podcast episodes, podcast hosting service, podcast management package, great content, apple podcasts, podcast management, podcast engineers, next day, podcast websites, indie creators, additional services, podcast management agency, podcast networks, professional podcast management, project management, podcast haven, podcast hosting providers, free plan, podcast clients, event manager, private podcasts podcasting, upload, files, downloads, social media, post-management, libsyn, analytics, software, bandwidth, graphics, dashboard, audio, episode, podcast host, entrepreneurs, frequently asked questions, mind, saas instagram, podcaster, video podcasts, spotify, mixing boards, libsyn, stream, streaming, youtube, slack, b2b, podcast host, influencers, repository, video hosting, social media, marketing podcast management agency, podcast editing agency, podcast management agency, podcast launch agency, b2b podcast agency, podcast agency uk, full service podcast agency, podcast editing services, podcast management services, podcast management services, podcast editing services uk, podcast consulting services, podcast management companies, podcast management companies uk, podcast management companies india, podcast editing companies, podcast services and producers, freelance podcast producer, podcast agency usa, podcast agency australia, podcast agency india, podcast agency london, podcast agency toronto, podcast editing services australia, best podcast editing services, podcast management services pricing, podcast management company near me, top podcast management companies, podcast management near me, top podcast companies, podcast management companies nyc, podcast management companies, podcast manager services, podcast management, podcast editing, podcast management, podcast launch service, podcast coaching services, podcast making services, best podcast editing, outsource podcast editing, tips for podcast editing, freelance podcast editing, what does a podcast producer do, what is a podcast producer, podcast producer companies, podcast producer remote, business podcast management, how to edit podcast audio, podcast audio editing, podcast audio editing service, podcast, management, services, show, episode, podcasts, team, audio, companies, editing, time, media, content, episodes, pricing, service, podcasting, agency, audience, marketing, shows, customers, business, clients, notes, package, studios, host, people, podcasters, process, experience, listeners, agencies, b2b, quality, minutes, studio, prices, brand podcast management, show notes, podcast management company, podcast management services, notable customers, audio editing, episode credits, appointment book, notable shows, podcast management companies, content allies, sound design, audio engineers, management services, full-service podcast management, raw audio, social media, audio management, podcast management agencies, wide range, episode credit, virtual management studio, podcasting, pricing, b2b, audio editing, audio, episode, premium, youtube, post-management, social media, turnaround time, audio engineers, audio management, sound design, prices, budget, seo, factory, app, entrepreneurs media, b2b business, mastering, marketing, on-demand, dgital media, listenership, wondery, mixing, rss feed, logged in, log in, digital marketing, experts, target audience, spotify, b2b transactions, internet, influencer, voiceover, thoughts
Podcast management Services: How to Find the Right Partner for Your Show
Podcasting has exploded in popularity over the last few years. As of 2022, there were over 2 million active podcasts and more are launching every day. With this growth, many podcasters are looking to work with a podcast management company to help them create a high-quality show.
In this comprehensive blog post, we'll cover everything you need to know about podcast management services—from what they provide to how to choose the right partner for your needs.
An In-Depth Look at Podcast management Services
So what exactly do podcast management companies do to turn your idea into a polished, professional-grade show? Here is a detailed overview of the services a management team provides during the different stages of creating a podcast.
The pre-management phase is all about developing your initial concept into a viable podcast format and getting everything ready for recording. management companies assist with:
Brainstorming & Concept Development
Having an idea is just the first step. A manager can help flesh out the potential of your concept by:
- Discussing your vision and goals for the show
- Determining the topic focus and boundaries
- Proposing positioning and format options
- Creating the show identity and tone
- Crafting episode templates and segments
This brainstorming forms the strategic foundation for building out your podcast.
Conducting Market Research
Smart podcast development begins with understanding your target listener. A management group will research:
- Your current and potential audience
- Your competition in the podcast space
- Opportunities and gaps in your niche
- What makes your concept unique
These insights ensure your show fills a need and attracts your ideal listener.
Dialing in Your Format
A manager will help finalize your format details:
- Length of episodes
- Structure for each episode
- Types of segments to include
- Number of hosts/guests
- Release schedule (weekly, daily, seasonal?)
Determining these details early allows for more efficient episode management down the line.
Script Writing & Question Prep
For interview-style episodes, a writer will create:
- A scripted episode intro and outro
- Pre-interview questions for guests
- A rundown sheet for the host with prepared questions and talking points
This ensures your conversations flow smoothly and hit the right topics.
Booking & Scheduling Guests
A big task in pre-management is finding and booking expert guests that align with your podcast themes and provide value for listeners. A manager can:
- Make a list of ideal guests for your niche
- Contact potential guest and gauge their interest
- Schedule guest interviews across multiple episodes
This ensures you build a roster of relevant guests from the start.
Sourcing Music, Sound Effects & More
Legal use of music and audio effects requires licenses from creators. A management team will:
- Suggest theme and transition music to match your vibe
- Source licenses for any copyrighted audio used
- Build libraries of sound effects and drops
This keeps your podcast properly licensed as you scale.
Studio Time & Equipment Rentals
Unless recording at home, you’ll need access to studio space and gear. management companies provide:
- A recording booth suitable for interviews
- Professional mics, mixers and audio interfaces
- Ability to record remote guests via Skype
The studio environment enables high quality sound.
Graphic Design & Branding
A podcast needs visual assets like logo, cover art and more. Designers can develop:
- An icon that represents your brand
- Cover art for your episodes
- Graphics for your website, ads and social media
- A media kit for PR use
This visual branding strengthens your podcast identity.
Podcast management Services
Once pre-management is complete, it’s time to start recording episodes. Here are the key management services a studio provides:
Hosting & Moderating
For interview shows, an experienced host will:
- Set the scene and introduce the guest & show
- Pose questions to keep the conversation flowing
- Wrap up each episode and transition smoothly
Their hosting skills create better interviews.
Recording Interviews & Episodes
Studios handle the technical process of recording episodes via:
- High-quality mics, audio interfaces and mixers
- Multi-track recording of each element
- Recording remote guests via Skype
- Proper microphone technique to optimize sound
This results in clean recordings free of distracting background noise.
Editing & Post management
After recording, episodes are edited for polish and pace. Editors will:
- Trim out silences, filler words and mistakes
- Balance audio levels across interviews
- Insert intros, outros, music and effects
- Enhance sound quality through mastering
The result is a tight, professional-sounding final edit ready for release.
Podcast Launch & Marketing
Once your episodes are produced, you need a strategy to successfully launch and market your show. management groups offer:
Launch Plan Creation
A launch strategy ensures maximum impact when your podcast goes live. This includes:
- Optimal launch timing based on seasonality
- Pitching premier episodes to media outlets
- Promoting across your existing channels
- Rolling out marketing content across launch
- Allowing time for reviews post-launch
A manager will craft a strategic multi-touch plan.
A trailer is crucial for priming your audience pre-launch. This entails:
- Creating an intriguing 60-90 second trailer
- Getting the trailer in front of your target market
- Building a landing page to capture emails
- Adding the trailer across your social channels
This generates anticipation and buzz.
Submission to Directories & Platforms
To get your podcast everywhere, a company will:
- Submit your feed to all major podcast directories
- Create and optimize your profiles on each platform
- Get your show on new and notable sections
This expanded distribution exposes you to new demographics.
management groups optimize your metadata for discoverability:
- Keyword-rich titles and descriptions
- Transcripts of episodes with keywords
- Tags and categories around niche topics
- Chapter markers for conversation topics
This improves your search rankings and visibility.
Chart Placement Monitoring
- Your rankings on podcast charts
- New subscribers and follower growth
- Episode performance across platforms
- Reviews and ratings over time
These insights inform marketing efforts.
Ongoing Marketing & PR
Post-launch, your manager provides:
- Press releases for new seasons and milestones
- Continued pitching of episodes to media
- Partnerships with relevant brands
- Cross-promotion with other podcasters in your space
This expands your audience and exposure over time.
Key Benefits of Working with a Podcast management Company
Trying to manage your podcast fully in-house can be extremely challenging and time consuming, especially as a beginner. Here are some of the biggest benefits of partnering with a podcast management company:
Higher management Quality
A professional team brings experience in everything from recording technique to editing polish. Their expertise and high-end equipment leads to superior sound quality and management value.
Faster Progression from Idea to Launch
DIY podcasting means a slower process from concept to completed show. With help from experts, you can develop, manage and launch your podcast on a much faster timeline.
Marketing & Promotion Support
Most indie podcasters struggle to market their managements. A company has in-house marketing pros to craft your positioning, branding, trailer, launch strategy and ongoing PR.
Less Administrative Work
You want to focus your energy on creating amazing content. A management team handles the time-consuming logistics like scheduling, editing, distribution and data analysis.
Creative Guidance & Problem Solving
Stuck on how to structure your episodes? A manager provides the creative experience to guide your format, style and content approach, ensuring your podcast stays compelling.
What to Look for in a Podcast management Company
Not all management companies are equal. You want a team equipped to meet your specific needs. Here are some tips on vetting and choosing a management partner:
Relevant Genre Experience
- Review their portfolio of produced shows. Do they have experience in your topic niche?
- Look for clients similar to you. Ask for references you can contact.
- More niche experience means better creative guidance.
Services that Align with Your Needs
- Do they offer the exact services you’re seeking? From concept development to distribution and marketing?
- Will they be able to scale those services as your show grows?
- Look for a full service team over piecemeal vendors.
Location & Time Zone Cohesion
- If recording in their studio, ensure they are geographically accessible to you.
- Remote collaboration works but consider time zones for scheduling ease.
- Visit the studio in person if possible to tour the facilities.
Industry Connections & Partnerships
- Ask about their partnerships with podcast networks, press outlets, brands, etc.
- These connections can aid in promotion, sponsorships and press coverage.
- You'll be collaborating creatively with this team regularly. Make sure you vibe well together.
- Look for good communicators who “get” your vision.
- Trust your gut instincts during calls and meetings.
Technical Capabilities & Resources
- Review gear and software they utilize for recording, editing, distribution, etc.
- Opt for cutting-edge over outdated management tools.
- Look for adequate staff to handle your show long term.
- Get detailed rate sheets and pricing models from a few companies.
- Ask pointed questions about what’s included vs. extra fees.
- Look for fair prices but don’t assume higher cost always means better quality.
Clear Rights Agreements
- Clarify who owns the podcast IP rights once management is complete.
- Understand any constraints around future use of your episodes.
- Get everything laid out clearly in contracts.
Vetting management partners thoroughly upfront ensures you choose the right fit.
Top Podcast management Companies Worth Exploring
To give you a sense of the options out there, here is a sampling of leading management companies across different focus areas, locations and pricing tiers:
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Focus: End-to-end development, writing, hosting, management, and growth.
- Notable Shows: Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, Happiness Lab, Hurry Slowly
- Price Range: $$$$
- Location: New York, NY
- Focus: Development, strategy, branding, management, and launch.
- Notable Shows: Broad Matter, Deep Background, The Improvement Association
- Price Range: $$$$
- Location: New York, NY
- Focus: management and amplification of Latina and diverse voices.
- Notable Shows: Julissa Arce’s “You Sound Like A White Girl”, Put Your Hands Together with Marina Franklin.
- Price Range: $$-$$$
Realm Podcast Network
- Location: Washington, DC
- Focus: Interview shows with high-profile political guests.
- Notable Shows: Burn the Boats hosted by Soledad O’Brien.
- Price Range: $$$
Long Story Short managements
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Focus: Funny interview shows and comedy managements.
- Notable Shows: Comedy Bang Bang, improv4humans, Threedom.
- Price Range: $$-$$$
- Locations: Los Angeles, CA
- Focus: Hollywood talent, comedy, and celebrity managements.
- Notable Shows: Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend, Literally with Rob Lowe!
- Price Range: $$$$$
- Location: New York, NY
- Focus: Podcast management services for startups and small business.
- Notable Shows: The Startup Starter Kit Podcast
- Price Range: $-$$
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Focus: Easy remote interview recording and editing services.
- Notable Shows: N/A. Technology focus.
- Price Range: $-$$
- Location: Remote
- Focus: One person audio editing and finishing services.
- Notable Shows: Case Closed, Mindful Metal Jacket, YoungPreneurs
- Price Range: $
This list provides a sampling across different capabilities, niches, locations, and budgets. Look for depth of experience in your specific genre and show format.
How Much Do Podcast management Services Cost?
Pricing varies greatly depending on the scope of work required. Here are typical management costs:
Basic Audio Editing:
- $30-75 per hour: For editing recorded audio files.
- $50-150 per episode: For basic sound editing and finishing.
Studio Recording + Editing:
- $250-500 per hour: For studio time, engineers and basic post-management.
- $500-5,000 per episode: For recording, editing and finishing an episode start to finish.
Full Podcast management Services:
This includes concept development, scripting, casting, recording, editing, graphics, launch strategy.
- $10,000+ per season: For managing a shorter 3-10 episode season.
- $30,000+ per season: For managing an in-depth 10+ episode season.
- $100,000+ per year: For full management needs across multiple seasons and continued growth.
For an exact quote, be clear on your full needs and number of episodes required. Many offer bundled packages or volume discounts. Weigh value over just price when choosing your partner.
Is managing Your Podcast In-House Worth It?
While hiring a company costs significant money upfront, it’s an investment that can pay off through:
- Better audience retention: Pro-level management keeps listeners engaged episode to episode.
- Partnership opportunities: Quality managements and audience growth attract sponsors.
- Saved time: Focus your energy on creating vs management logistics.
- Peace of mind: Technical details and planning are handled by experts.
Carefully weigh the tradeoffs of handling management yourself vs. the benefits of an experienced team. Often, investing in help is well worth it long term.
Key Takeaways on Hiring Podcast management Professionals
Hopefully this guide provided a comprehensive look at the value management companies can provide at every stage of the podcasting process. Here are a few key tips to wrap up:
- Clearly determine your goals and needs before contacting companies. Seek expertise in your specific niche.
- Vet potential partners thoroughly. Look for technical capabilities, experience, industry connections and personality fit.
- Get detailed cost breakdowns upfront. Weigh value against pricing to find the right fit for your budget.
- Be realistic on timing. High-quality management takes significant time across development, recording and marketing prep.
- Get agreements on intellectual property rights in writing.
- Focus on creating amazing content. Let seasoned pros handle management duties.
If you choose the right partner, investing in pro podcast management can elevate your show and allow you to reach the right listeners. Now get out there, start creating, and let your podcast dreams become a reality!
Podcast Management Services – A Comprehensive Guide
Podcasting has exploded in popularity in recent years, with millions of listeners tuning in to their favorite shows every day. As the medium continues to grow, more and more people are considering starting their own podcasts. However, creating a successful podcast takes a lot of work and commitment. This is where podcast management services come in handy.
In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll explore everything you need to know about podcast management agencies and services. We’ll look at what services they offer, pricing, the types of podcasts they work with, skills needed to become a podcast manager, whether demand is growing, and more. By the end, you’ll understand the full landscape of outsourced podcast production and publishing.
What Do Podcast Managers & Agencies Do?
A podcast management company handles most or all aspects of podcast production for their clients. The exact services offered can vary between companies, but often include:
Guest Recruitment and Booking
One of the most important tasks a podcast manager handles is finding and booking qualified guests that are a good fit for the show. This includes:
- Brainstorming potential guest ideas that will resonate with the target audience.
- Researching guest backgrounds to vet them before booking.
- Reaching out via email or social media to book guests. Followups are often needed to secure interviews.
- Scheduling interview dates and logistics like recording equipment needed.
- Briefing guests on any talking points or questions ahead of the interview.
Having an experienced podcast booker can make a huge difference in landing insightful, high-profile guests. This leads to better interviews and increased interest in the show.
End-to-end production is also commonly handled by podcast managers. Tasks here include:
- Developing show formats and segment ideas.
- Recording interviews via video call or in-person when possible.
- Editing raw audio files, including cutting segments, adding transitions, fixing audio quality, etc.
- Adding intros, outros, sponsor reads, music beds, etc.
- Finalizing and mastering the edited episode.
- Writing show notes with time stamps, links, etc.
Quality production work helps tighten up episodes and gives them a polished, professional feel. This improves listenability and retention.
Show Notes & Transcriptions
For each episode, podcast managers will create detailed show notes and full transcriptions. Show notes give an overview of the episode topics with time stamps. Transcripts provide every word.
These assets make the episodes more discoverable online since the content is readable by search engines. Transcripts also improve accessibility for those who prefer reading over listening.
Publishing & Distribution
Once episodes are finalized, podcast managers handle distributing the show across platforms. This includes:
- Uploading episodes into hosting platforms like Libsyn or Buzzsprout.
- Submitting the show feed to directories like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc.
- Ensuring the podcast is searchable in apps and available in all countries.
- Troubleshooting any issues with episodes not appearing correctly.
Getting distribution right is crucial for reach. Podcast managers stay on top of platform requirements and best practices.
Most podcast managers have in-house marketing teams or work with marketing agencies to promote shows. Marketing tactics may include:
- Building websites for the podcast with show notes and episode listings.
- Creating trailers and teaser clips to generate interest.
- Producing behind-the-scenes videos for social media.
- Running targeted social media and PPC ads.
- Getting podcast featured in roundup articles on industry sites.
- Planning podcast launch PR outreach.
- Developing influencer partnerships and cross-promotions.
Marketing is often overlooked by creators but vital for growing an audience. Managers devote time specifically to audience building.
Podcast managers will provide in-depth, customized analytics reports for each show they manage. Typical stats included:
- Number of downloads per episode and overall.
- Listen locations and listener demographics.
- Traffic sources driving listeners.
- Peak listen times and days.
- Average listen percentage and drop-off points.
Analyzing these metrics helps create better content and guide marketing efforts. This data is crucial for optimizing growth.
For some premium podcasts that garner significant downloads, managers may handle securing sponsorships and advertisers. This involves:
- Identifying potential advertisers that align with the target audience.
- Crafting branded ad copy and calls-to-action.
- Integrating ads into episodes and providing listenership stats.
- Managing relationships and negotiating ongoing sponsorships.
- Collecting payment and managing ad trafficking.
Monetization through sponsorships represents a major podcasting revenue stream. Agencies with ad sales expertise can maximize this.
As you can see, podcast managers handle almost everything except the hosting and content creation itself. They allow hosts to focus on interviews and episode topics instead of technical production or marketing duties. For creators without the time, skill, or interest to handle these tasks, working with a management service makes the process much easier.
Cost of Podcast Management Services
The cost of hiring a podcast production and management service varies greatly based on the scope of services required. At the low end, basic audio editing may only cost $50-100 per episode. For full podcast launch services and ongoing management, prices often range from $3,000-$10,000+ per month.
Here is an overview of typical pricing tiers:
Audio Editing Only
At the most basic level, having an audio pro edit podcast episodes without handling other services costs approximately:
- $50-100 per 60-minute episode for simple sound editing.
- $100-150 per 60-minute episode for more advanced editing like volume leveling, noise reduction, etc.
- $75-100 per 15-30-minute shorter episode.
- Add $25-50+ for extras like adding intro/outro music, sound effects, etc.
This assumes turnaround within 1-3 days. Longer episodes or faster turnaround increase costs.
Show Production Only
For full recording, editing, post-production, and publishing of episodes without ongoing management, costs are higher:
- $250-500 per 60-minute episode depending on difficulty.
- $150-300 per 30-minute episode.
- Includes recording hosting and guest audio, editing, show notes, publishing to platforms.
- Additional costs for add-ons like music licensing, transcriptions, etc.
This is a good option if you want to produce episodes yourself without managing marketing.
Show Production + Distribution
When the podcast manager handles ongoing distribution and publishing each week, monthly costs are higher to account for continuous work needed:
- $500-1,000 per month for one 60-minute episode per week.
- $750-$1,500 per month for two 60-minute episodes per week.
- Includes guest booking, recording, editing, publishing, distribution.
- Add $500-1,000+ per month for add-ons like transcriptions.
This still doesn't include marketing services.
Full Podcast Launch & Management
For a full-service podcast launch and ongoing management covering all production, distribution, marketing, analytics, and monetization needs, costs usually range from:
- $3,000-$7,000+ per month for shows releasing 1-2 60-minute episodes per week.
- $5,000-$10,000+ per month for daily or multiple weekly episodes.
- Includes all services: recording, editing, publishing, marketing, monetization.
- Often requires 3-6 month initial contracts for launch period.
This provides the end-to-end support needed to launch and grow a podcast successfully. But it represents a significant investment.
As you can see, podcast production and management costs vary widely based on your needs and frequency. Here are some key factors that affect pricing:
- Number and length of episodes per week/month
- Turnaround time
- Additional needs like music licensing
- Marketing and monetization services
- Scope of support (editing only vs. full management)
For maximum savings, have fewer episodes edited per month and avoid extras. Full-service management will cost much more but may be worthwhile if you want to outsource the whole process.
Many podcast managers provide customized quotes based on your exact requirements. Be sure to get multiple bids before selecting a partner. Look for hidden costs too.
Most Popular Types of Podcasts for Management Agencies
Podcast managers work on all types of shows across fiction and nonfiction genres. Some of the most popular genres for outsourced production include:
Business is one of the most popular podcast niches. Shows may feature interviews with entrepreneurs, tips for marketers, or insights for specific industries like manufacturing or healthcare. As business professionals are extremely busy, they often hire production help. Some examples are The $100 MBA Show and The GaryVee Audio Experience.
True Crime Podcasts
For armchair detectives obsessed with cold cases and mysteries, true crime reigns supreme. Due to the cinematic storytelling involved, true crime podcasters often work with managers for high production quality. Top shows include Serial, Crime Junkie, and Dr. Death.
With origins in radio, comedy remains a staple genre. Popular formats include comedian roundtables, funny commentary on the news, and comedic chat shows. Famous examples are Comedy Bang Bang, The Daily Zeitgeist, and Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend.
For lifelong learners, educational shows offer the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge. Topics range from history and science to personal development and business lessons. Well known examples are Stuff You Should Know, The History of Rome, and The Tim Ferriss Show.
Health and Wellness Podcasts
Health/wellness is also hugely popular, covering topics like fitness, nutrition, meditation, mental health, and more. These shows help people improve their lives and often take significant research. Examples are The Mindset Mentor, Get Fit Guy, and The Model Health Show.
Finally, simple conversational shows remain popular, especially among friends or comedian groups. These chat shows have an informal, unscripted chemistry. Prime examples are Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard, Call Her Daddy, and Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain.
While podcast managers work across all genres, some specialize in specific niches like business, health, or gaming so they can provide targeted advice. Be sure to ask about an agency's experience in your field. Niche expertise is a differentiator when choosing a partner.
Top Skills Needed to Become a Podcast Manager
If you’re interested in breaking into the field of podcast management and operations, you may be wondering: what skills do you need to succeed? Here are some of the top abilities and attributes top podcast managers possess:
Project Management Skills
Excellent project management skills are essential. Podcast managers juggle many moving parts and workflows simultaneously – from booking guests to marketing launches. You need to plan projects meticulously and meet deadlines consistently even when dealing with the unexpected. Strong organizational habits are key.
You need solid technical abilities to master audio editing software, hosting platforms, WordPress, analytics programs, and more. Podcasting involves many complex software tools, so being willing to learn new technologies is crucial. An analytical, problem-solving mindset allows you to troubleshoot inevitable tech issues.
Strong relationships are at the core of successful podcasting. You’ll interface constantly with clients, guests, marketers, agencies, and contractors. Excellent written and verbal communication skills help ensure seamless collaboration. You also need patience, empathy, and creativity to bring out the best in people.
Attention to Detail
Succeeding as a podcast manager requires meticulous attention to detail. When editing episodes, you must detect any subtle issues with sound quality or transitions. Transcribing conversations accurately demands focus. You always need to be refining and improving the production process.
While you can outsource marketing, core knowledge is still important. You should understand essentials like social media, SEO, email marketing, and PPC advertising to promote shows effectively. Keeping up with marketing innovations and trends is also key.
Established Industry Connections
The best podcast managers come equipped with an established network of industry connections to leverage. Having go-to guests, reporters, sponsors, and vendors you can tap for new shows saves significant time. These contacts help each launch go smoothly.
As you can see, podcast managers wear many hats. The role demands creative, analytical, organizational, promotional, and interpersonal skills. To break in, gain as much hands-on experience as possible through internships at production companies or creating your own small podcast. Patience and persistence getting coffee meetings with industry insiders can pay off hugely.
Is the Demand Growing for Outsourced Podcast Management?
As podcasting continues to explode in popularity worldwide, the demand for outsourced podcast management and production services is skyrocketing too. More creators want help turning their ideas into polished, professional shows that stand out.
Consider that there are over 2 million active podcasts on Apple Podcasts alone as of 2021. Yet only an estimated 10% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last month. This signals massive untapped potential still.
Podcast advertising revenue is also booming. In 2020, over $1 billion was spent on podcast ads in the US. Spending is projected to reach $2 billion by 2023. This influx of ad money and interest from brands is enabling more podcast creations.
Signaling growing demand, research from Podcast Business Journal indicates over 70% of podcasters enlist help producing their shows. The market has also seen increased mergers and acquisitions recently like Spotify acquiring Gimlet Media.
So the market opportunity expanding is clearly large. However, there is also more competition now among podcast production companies. Prospective managers need to differentiate themselves through niche expertise vs. offering generalized services in order to thrive.
Specialized focus in an area like business or comedy builds a targeted reputation and network that delivers results for clients. There is still ample room for new entrants with unique skills to make their mark.
In short, as consumer interest in podcasts booms, the creators behind those podcasts increasingly demand support from end-to-end management teams. Demand for outsourced production services shows no signs of slowing. The key for managers is establishing a niche, honing a specific skill set, and building strong industry relationships.
I hope this comprehensive guide provided a complete look at the current landscape of podcast management agencies and services. As podcasting has gained immense popularity worldwide, creators are increasingly turning to professionals to help them launch and grow their programs through production support, distribution, marketing, analytics, and more.
While costs for management services vary widely based on factors like episode frequency and exact needs, they allow hosts to focus on content and interviews instead of technical details. Hiring an experienced podcast manager can thus make a significant impact for shows that need to tighten production quality, land insightful guests, and build their audience.
For those interested in breaking into podcast management, strong project management, interpersonal, and marketing skills are crucial. Hands-on experience and niche expertise help emerging managers differentiate themselves and establish a reputation. There is ample demand for those who bring the right abilities.
If you have an idea for a podcast but are concerned about handling all the operational work, don’t let that stop you. The right management partner invested in your vision can provide the support needed to turn that idea into a hit show. Thanks for reading! Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions.
You might be wondering
- What topics should I talk about?
- Will there be a return on investment?
- How much time will it take?
- What hosting platform should I use?
- What equipment should I buy?
- How will I find and book guests?
- Can I handle the technical aspect?
- How should I market my show?
What our Podcast Management Agency does
Get a professional and polished show, every time.
Our team will conduct a thorough audit of your existing podcast, if you have one, to identify any technical issues, such as sound quality, branding, writing, and more. We’ll provide feedback on how to improve your show.
We’ll handle all the heavy lifting when it comes to managing your podcast. From pre-management to post-management, so you can create the best content and engage with your audience.
Our team will send you the produced episode for review. You can approve or request revisions. We’ll make changes until you’re fully satisfied, ensuring a polished final product.
Once the episode is fully edited and approved, we’ll upload it to your podcast host and website. Our goal is to make the process as seamless and straightforward as possible, so you can focus on creating engaging content.
“editing and turnover time”
Full Service Podcast Management PackageGet a free trial or get started right away🚀
One Episode Trial
- One episode editing & upload
- One episode show notes
- One episode graphics
- Get a feel of our service
Podcast Management Plan
Up to 4 episodes per month
- Audit (for existing shows)
- Advanced audio editing
- Advanced show notes
- Full episode transcript
- Audiogram/reel creation
- Quote card creation
- 5 days turnaround time
- Upload to podcast host & site
- Monthly analytics report
- Equipment guidance
- Unlimited email support
Podcast Management Tasks and Pricing:
- Up to 4 episodes per month: Each month, we’ll produce up to 4 episodes of your podcast, ensuring you have a steady stream of new content for your audience.
- Audit (for existing shows): If you already have an existing podcast, our team of expert podcast managers will conduct a thorough audit to identify any technical issues and provide feedback on how to improve your show.
- Advanced Audio Editing: Our audio experts will use the latest software and techniques to produce high-quality audio for your podcast, ensuring it sounds professional and polished.
- Advanced Show Notes: We’ll create detailed show notes for each episode, including a full transcript of the audio, making it easier for your listeners to follow along and reference key points.
- Audiogram/Reel Creation: We’ll create compelling audiograms/reels to promote your podcast on social media, helping you reach a wider audience and drive more engagement.
- Quote Card Creation: Our team will create custom quote cards featuring highlights from your podcast, giving your followers something to share and spread the word about your show.
- 5 Days Turnaround Time: We understand that time is of the essence, so we’ll work quickly to produce your podcast, with a turnaround time of just 5 days.
- Upload to Podcast Host & Site: Upon completion, we’ll upload your episode to your preferred podcast host and website, ensuring it’s accessible to your audience.
- Monthly Analytics Report: At the end of each month, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive analytics report, giving you insights into your audience and helping you make informed decisions about your show.
- Equipment Guidance: Our team will provide guidance on the best equipment to use for your podcast, ensuring you have the right tools to create great audio.
- Unlimited Email Support: We’re here to support you every step of the way, so you can reach out to us via email with any questions or concerns.
- Cost starts at: $499 per month
- Custom package: Custom pricing based on specific needs and goals
How Our Podcast Management Company Works
Four simple steps
Benefits of Managing Your Podcast with PodQuake
Maximize your podcast potential
“immediate improvement in sound quality“
We started our podcast management agency because we saw a need for high-quality, fast, and affordable podcast management services.
Frustrated with the slow turnaround times and subpar management of our own podcast, we decided to start our own agency and help other podcasters bring their ideas to life with speed, quality, and affordability.
Shows we’ve worked on
Frequently Asked Questions
Podcast management services/agencies help you plan, manage, record, edit, distribute (submit to Apple), promote, and monetize your podcasts.
Podcast managers help you with strategy, editing, management, distribution, and marketing.
Podcast agencies/managers can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000 per month, depending on the complexity of your podcast.
Hiring a podcast manager/company can help you properly strategize, save time, create a profitable show, and grow your business.
We’ll return you the produced episode within 5 days, but it depends on the show. Complex shows may take longer.
We currently serve 5-10 clients, from indie to well known podcasters.
We focus on providing high-quality service to a small number of clients.
Podquake is a podcast management agency with over 3 years of experience and over 500 episodes under its belt. Visit our about us page to learn more.
Please fill out the form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.